Let the summer festivals begin!
Sociable Cider is hosting their annual Funk Fest again this year, featuring an outdoor stage headlined by a huge lineup of local musicians.
This all-day, family-friendly event will feature multiple food trucks and special ciders as well. Thrifty Hipster HIGHLY recommends this event to everyone. Ride you bike down or park for free in the lot. It’s gonna be a lot of fun and a great way to (hopefully) kick off a full summer of great weather.
VIP Tickets cost $60, but include everything you’ll need for the day; food from Union Kitchen, all the cider you want, private space/AC/Bathrooms…
Sociable Cider Funk Festival
NE MPLS on Sunday, June 2nd
TIME: 2-8pm | COST: $0-$5 (wristband for drinks, goes to charity)
And if you’re not able to make make it June 2nd, don’t forget to come visit us next weekend at St. Paul Summer Beer Fest.
Here are the details from the press release for the 2019 Funk Fest food and music line-up.
“Sociable Cider Werks and 89.3 The Current put on Funk Fest as a kickoff to Sociable Summer.
Highlights of Funk Fest include:
- JC Brooks Band, Annie Mack Music, Jaedyn James & The Hunger, Alex Rossi Music, and other talented local artists to keep things grooving all day long;
- Pinch Flat Hibiscus Rose, our newest pink drink and seasonal cider, along with other funky libations;
- Food trucks, including Food Trip Foods, Vito Lucco Pizza co., Reverie, MN Nice Cream, and more
- Vendors including Minneapolis Craft Market, Shameless Inc., Beer Dabbler, Thrifty Hipster
- Yard games to awaken your inner 8 year old (we heard there will be sprinklers);
- Brand new VIP set-up with eats from Union Kitchen and a great view of the stage;
Funk Fest is free to attend and open to all ages. Wristbands are required to buy alcoholic beverages and cost $5; a portion of proceeds benefit Southern Anoka Community Assistance. A $60 VIP package is also available, and includes all-you-can-drink beverages, tasty eats from
Union Kitchen MN, swag bag, and access to our new private event space and indoor bathrooms.”
– Here's the Deal –
Big block party with awesome music and local drinks a great way to kick off summer in Minnesota!